Meet the Trainer
When it was time to think of a career path, there was no doubt that I would aim for a suitable workplace that involved the care and education of dogs, along with other animals.
Fortunately, it was not long before I found an appropriate role in Veterinary Nursing. During my time in this role, I learned a lot about dog’s health and husbandry. This time also taught me the reality of the challenges that dogs face in society.
I then left veterinary nursing after some time and started my own pet sitting business, a role I enjoyed and that taught me various new things about dogs. It was in Veterinary Nursing and while Pet Sitting that I began to become more interested in animal behaviour. I found that most of the animals in my care had a lot to say and I wanted to be able to not only hear them, but to listen and understand them.
My interest in animals began when I was given my first dog at the age of five and never wavered. As a child and teenager, I spent lots of time with our family dogs and was always committed to their care.
- Delta Society Australia – Certificate IV in Companion Animal Services
- Professional Pet Guild – Pet Dog Ambassador Assessor
- mindDog Australia trainer
- PAT (Public Access Test) Victorian Assessor for mindDog Australia
- CAP Level 1 (Clickers Trainers Competency Assessment Program Level 1)
- Accredited CGC Instructor and Assessor
- Association of Pet Dog Trainers
- Professional Pet Guild Australia
- Delta Institute